Fri, January 27, 2023

The Dollar Regains Stability Close to A Seven-Month Low

Dollar and other currencies

The week started off poorly for the dollar, which saw its value decline against a group of significant rivals to a seven-month low in Asian trade before stabilizing. Because traders were betting that the Bank of Japan would continue to alter its yield control policy, the yen was given special attention.

The euro reached a new nine-month high of $1.08724 in early trade before falling to close 0.16% lower at $1.0816. The Australian dollar passed through the crucial $0.7000 level for the first time since August before retracing to $0.6962.

The dollar index dropped to a seven-month low of 101.772 due to the British pound and the Japanese yen’s early strength.

When the Fed announces its policy decision in February, the markets are currently pricing in a 91% chance of a 25-bp increase and a 9% chance of a 50-bp hike.

The dollar gained ground against the pound in European trading, declining 0.3 percent to $1.2195.

After a choppy session in New York on Tuesday due to conflicting results from Wall Street banks, contracts on the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 indexes were each 0.2% higher. Despite increases against the yen, a measure of the dollar’s strength declined. Following the BOJ’s unanimous decision to keep its yield curve control program in place, Treasuries rose. West Texas Intermediate oil futures are on track for their longest winning streak in four years as investors bet on rising Chinese demand.

Dollar vs. Yen

This week, the Japanese yen has been a particular focus for currency markets because of speculation that the Bank of Japan will make additional changes too, or completely abandon, its yield control policy at a meeting scheduled to end Wednesday.

The dollar hit a more than seven-month low early in trading before rising and closing at 128.44 yen, up 0.04 percent.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Nokia Beats Exceeds Earnings Predictions

Nokia Oyj’s earnings topped expectations. Even amid a worse macroeconomic backdrop, as

IBM Plans to Cut up to 4 Thousand Jobs

The wave of companies cutting workers continued on Wednesday with International Business

Bitcoin

How Can Bitcoin Be Stabilized To Prevent Volatility?   The cryptocurrency market

COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

User Review
  • Support
    Sending
  • Platform
    Sending
  • Spreads
    Sending
  • Trading Instument
    Sending

BROKER NEWS

OANDA Japan: No More fxTrade, USD/JPY Margin Shift

On Friday, one of Japan’s longest-standing online forex and CFD brokerages, OANDA Corporation, announced major changes to their service.  Specifically, the Japanese subsidiary of the brokerage will no longer allow new downloads of

BROKER NEWS

Broker News

OANDA Japan: No More fxTrade, USD/JPY Margin Shift

On Friday, one of Japan’s longest-standing online forex and CFD brokerages, OANDA Corporation, announced major changes to their service.  Specifically, the Japanese subsidiary of the brokerage will no longer allow new downloads of its