EUR to GBP Live Trading Room:
- About the Live Trading Room
- Live Forex Calendar
- Live Exchange Rate and Chart
- Technical Analysis
- The Most Trusted Forex Brokers for Trading EUR/GBP
About the Live Trading Room
The EUR/GBP currency pair tells the trader how many British Pounds (which would be the quote currency) are needed to purchase a Euro (in this case, the base currency). The EUR/GBP is among the most traded currency pairs. Since the E.U. and British economies are massively intertwined (large amounts of capital are exchanged daily between the U.K. and all European countries), the pair tends to be relatively stable. Still, events and news related to the exit of Great Britain of the European Union will probably affect the currency pair and create choppier movements than usual. A public vote (known as a referendum) was held in June 2016, when 17.4 million people opted for Brexit. This gave the Leave side 52%, compared with 48% for Remain. The U.K. officially left the E.U. on the 31st of January 2020.
Assets that influence EUR/GBP the most:
- Currencies: The U.S. Dollar and the Japanese Yen.
- Commodities: Crude oil and gold.
- Bonds: Gilt (debt securities issued by the BoE) and Bund (the German word for “bond”, a debt security issued by Germany’s federal government).
- Indices: FTSE 100 (which is a share index of the 100 companies listed on the LSE with the highest market capitalization), DAX (German stock index consisting of the 30 major German companies trading on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, a short from “Deutscher Aktienindex”), and ESTX50 (ESTX50 (Euro Stoxx 50, a stock index of the Eurozone stocks designed by STOXX).
Live EUR/GBP Forex Calendar
People and organizations that influence the most the moves of the EUR/GBP pair are:
- Bank of England (BoE) is known to be one of the most effective central banks globally. BoE acts as the government’s bank and its lender of last resort. Bank of England issues currency and oversees British monetary policy, including the interest rates. The Governor of the BoE is Andrew Bailey, since the 16th of March 2020. The Queen of Britain has approved the appointment. Andrew Bailey is deeply and widely respected for managing the financial crisis, developing the new regulatory frameworks, his leadership, and supporting financial innovation to serve U.K. households and businesses better.
- European Central Bank (or ECB), has the main objective to maintain price stability for the Euro. The European Central Bank, headed by Christine Lagarde, sets and implements the Eurozone’s monetary policy, including the interest rates, conducts foreign exchange operations, and takes care of the European System of Central Banks’ foreign reserves.
- London’s City Financial District, is still the largest and most developed financial market globally, and as a result, finance and banking have become strong contributors to the national economic growth.
- Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of Great Britain, serving as Prime Minister of the U.K. and Leader of the Conservative Party since 2019.
- Angela Merkel, is at the head of Germany, the most robust economy of the E.U., so she is also an important figure for any Euro-related currency cross.
In terms of the economic data, as for most currencies, the EUR/GBP traders have to keep an eye on:
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the total market value of all final goods and services produced in a country. GDP is a significant measure of market activity since it indicates how a country’s economy is growing or decreasing.
- Inflation measured by key indicators like the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and the Production Price Index (PPI) reflects purchasing trends changes.
Live Euro to British Pound Exchange Rate and Chart
The Euro to British Pound charts update live and set to candlestick charts and 1-hour time frame. Use the live trading chart with the latest Eurozone and the U.K. news, and forex education, to trading on the EUR/GBP currency pair.
Follow real-time Euro to the British Pound rates:
EUR/GBP trading signal from TradingView.com, based on 11 oscillators and 17 Moving Averages.
The Most Trusted Forex Brokers Trading EUR/GBP
|Live Account||Live Account||Live Account||Live Account||Live Account|