NZD to USD Live Trading Room:
- About the Live Trading Room
- Live Forex Calendar
- Live Exchange Rate and Chart
- Technical Analysis
- The Most Trusted Forex Brokers for Trading NZD/USD
About the Live Trading Room
The NZD/USD currency pair is also called the “Kiwi”, and it tells the trader how many U.S. Dollars (the quote currency) are needed to purchase one New Zealand dollar (in this case, the base currency). The New Zealand Dollar is considered a commodity currency, same as the Australian Dollar and the Canadian Dollar, a currency whose country’s exports are mainly raw materials (oil, precious metals, agriculture, etc.).
Along with the Australian Dollar, the New Zealand Dollar has been a traditional vehicle to carry traders for many years, making the New Zealand Dollar also very sensitive to changes in interest rates.
Assets that influence NZD/USD the most:
- Currencies: Australian Dollar, Chinese Yuan and Japanese Yen (Australia, China and Japan are essential regional partners of New Zealand). This group also includes the currency pairs such as EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, AUD/USD, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY.
- Commodities: Coal. New Zealand has rich coal resources: coal accounts for about 10% of New Zealand’s primary energy (excluding transport fuels). Other vital commodities include Silver and Iron Ore.
- Bonds: GNZGB10 (New Zealand Government Bond 10 Year) and AGB (debt securities issued by the Australian Government) and T-NOTE 10Y (10 year U.S. Treasury notes).
- Indices: ASX (Australian Securities Exchange), NZX (New Zealand Exchange) and Nikkei 225 (a stock market index for the Tokyo Stock Exchange).
Live NZD/USD Forex Calendar
The people and organizations that influence the most the moves of the NZD/USD currency pair are:
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ), is the New Zealand central bank. RBNZ was established in 1934 and is constituted under the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Act from 1989. The Governor of the RBNZ is responsible for the New Zealand Dollar and operating monetary policy. The RBNZ’s current Governor is Adrian Orr.
- The New Zealand Government (whose Prime Minister is Jacinda Ardern) and New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) implement policies that affect the country’s economy.
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), a forum for 21 member countries that promotes free trade throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
- The U.S. Government: events as administration statements, new laws and regulations or fiscal policy can improve or lower the value of the U.S. Dollar and the currencies traded against its case, the New Zealand Dollar.
- The Federal Reserve of the United States, through active duties such as setting the reserve requirement, managing interest rates, and acting as a lender of last resort to the banking sector during bank insolvency or financial crisis, the Fed controls the monetary policy.
In terms of the economic data, as for most currencies, the NZD/USD traders have to take special attention to:
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) represents the total market value of all final goods and services produced in the country. It is an important indicator of market activity because it indicates how a country’s economy is developing or decline. A high reading of the GDP or a better than expected number is positive for the New Zealand Dollar, while a low reading is negative.
- Inflation is measured by key indicators like the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and the Production Price Index (PPI) reflect changes in purchasing trends.
Live New Zealand to the U.S. Dollar Exchange Rate and Chart
The New Zealand to U.S. Dollar charts update live and set to candlestick charts and 1-hour time frame. Use the live trading chart with the latest New Zealand and the U.S. news, and forex education, to trading on the NZD/USD currency pair.
Follow real-time New Zealand to the U.S. Dollar rates:
NZD/USD trading signal from TradingView.com, based on 11 oscillators and 17 Moving Averages.
The Most Trusted Forex Brokers Trading NZD/USD
|Live Account||Live Account||Live Account||Live Account||Live Account|