Nintendo announced its latest earnings release showing that its Switch has sold 92.88 million units globally. According to the report, the company sold over 682 million Switch games worldwide.
The company also shared updated sales numbers for its Switch titles.
There are ten best-selling first-party Switch titles:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 38.75 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 34.86 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 25.72 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 24.15 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 22.65 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 21.96 million
- Super Mario Party – 16.49 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 13.84 million
- Splatoon 2 – 12.69 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 12.22 million
The company also announced other sales numbers, including The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – the first official numbers.
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 7.46 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – 3.7 million (New)
- New Pokemon Snap – 2.18 million (New)
- Mario Golf: Super Rush – 1.95 million (New)
According to Nintendo’s latest financial report, the company sold around 3.60 million units of the Switch version of the game by the end of September 2021. according to industry analyst Daniel Ahmad, the company has already matched the game’s lifetime sales (roughly 3.68 million) in just 77 days. Nintendo had a huge success with several re-releases. Besides, it has now shifted 38.75 million units of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (The best-selling game), which has also outsold the Wii entry.
Nintendo reduced forecasts for sales
The game giant (Kyoto-based) now says it anticipates selling 25 million units this fiscal year. However, it was forecasting sales of 25.6 million units.
The company said the new forecast resulted from a change in its production plan because of the global semiconductor shortage. Meanwhile, chip designers warned the deficiency might also delay Christmas gifts.
Nintendo wrote that their shipment forecast was reduced because of the production plan change due to the global semiconductor shortage.
However, the company added that they reviewed the Nintendo Switch software forecast, predicting that it would sell around 200 million games.
Several other companies have been forecasting supply and demand problems as well.
At the Web Summit event, the chief executive of Arm, Simon Segars, said that the supply and demand issues are extreme this year.
Leave a Comment